Thanks for your help!
But there are two defects in FAT32 file system: If there are large files to be stored to your Seagate drive, it is not advised to adopt FAT32 file system. As for exFAT, it is inferior in compatibility. But it breaks the limitation of 4GB in file size and 2TB in volume size.
- macbook - External Seagate Hard drive for Mac - Compatibility - Ask Different!
- itunes not recognizing iphone mac.
- How to Format Seagate Drive for Mac and PC Quickly and Securely?;
- best mac performance monitoring software.
- Optional Formatting and Partitioning.
- Partition the drive on Windows 10?
- mac svn client free download!
If you need to store large file to Seagate drive, you can choose exFAT. If you want to use your drive with more devices, choose FAT All in all, choose a proper file system according to your specific demands.
How to format a drive for Mac and PC compatibility
Then, connect Seagate drive to your PC and make sure that it can be detected by Windows. Usually, you can use Windows built-in tools like Diskpart to format Seagate drive. But they are with some limitations. To use this format tool, download and install it. Then, you can follow the step-by-step instruction given below:.
- How to share an external hard drive between Mac and Windows.
- mac office 2011 academic version.
- does java works on mac;
- download eclipse for mac 1.7?
- How to Share an External Hard Drive Between Mac and Windows | Digital Trends.
- mac cosmetics training courses australia.
Step 1. Step 2. Step 3.
About file system formats
The detailed steps are presented as follows:. It is obviously that you can use Seagate external hard drive or flash drive with Mac and Windows computer as long as you format Seagate drive for Mac and PC. Based on your specific needs and select a proper way to achieve your goal. Posted by Bryce October 25, A perfect example of this is at: May 27 '14 at 6: Aren't disks just disks?
To format an external hard drive on your Mac paraphrased from here: Find your external drive and select it.
How to format your hard drive | Seagate Support ASEAN
This will erase everything currently on the hard drive! IconDaemon Ian C. It is a USB 3 drive so it will connect.