Step 1: Erase the external hard drive
Choose from the following: If you want to use existing NAS user accounts for backing up, skip this step. Specify a username and password.
- 1. Create A Sparse Image!
- Popular Topics.
- toshiba external hard drive mac read only?
- Turn Your NAS Or Windows Share Into A Time Machine Backup!
- ableton live 8.1 patch mac.
- Quick Tip: Make Time Machine backups over a network in High Sierra!
This user will be used for Time Machine backups for this Mac. Optional Set a storage quota for this account, to prevent this Mac from using too much space when backing up.
The Create A Shared Folder window opens. Specify a folder name. Click Edit.follow site
When backups go bad: The problem with using network drives with Time Machine
Select RW for a user account. Click Create. Located the created folder, then click Edit Properties. Click OK.
How to use an unsupported NAS or a spare Mac on your network as storage for Time Machine backups
Specify the username and password of the backup user account when prompted. Time Machine will start the back-up automatically after two minutes. While the back-up is in progress, a volume called Time Machine will be shown on the desktop.
- ableton live 8 download gratis italiano per mac?
- touhou 8 imperishable night download mac.
- How to set up a shared Time Machine backup drive in macOS High Sierra!
- Using Another Mac;
- 2. Copy Sparsebundle To The Network, Then Mount It.
Once the back-up completes, this volume will disappear. Preparation 1.
Ensure the network drive is mounted: Where now? Found this useful? Share it: Also in Articles: Created by Kate Morley. Except where explicitly stated otherwise, all content is released under the terms of the CC0 1.